This morning when reading Genesis chapter 1, I realized for the first time in my life there were exactly 8 steps of Creation! And each of these steps started with, “And God said”. Just count them!
- Genesis 1:3 ¶And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
- Genesis 1:6 ¶And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
- Genesis 1:9 ¶And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
- Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
- Genesis 1:14 ¶And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
- Genesis 1:20 ¶And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
- Genesis 1:24 ¶And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
- Genesis 1:26 ¶And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Noah and his wife, his 3 sons his sons 3 wives, 8 people, stepped off the Ark in Genesis chapter 8 to begin new life in a new world! Think this occurrence of the number 8 in the sense of new beginnings is a mere coincidence? Let me give you more examples.
As you see in the picture on this page, lay the number 8 on its side and you get the infinity symbol. Monday is the 8th day after a full week and a continuation of the infinity of time.
God commanded Moses to have a new born male child of Israel to be circumcised on the eight day after birth.
Circumcision was representative of the new covenant with God at the time.
Doubting Thomas came to believe in Christ exactly 8 days after Jesus first appeared to the Apostles. It was the beginning of new life for Thomas!
John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
There are 8 things God’s Word commands us to think about in order to have a new life:
- whatsoever things are true,
- whatsoever things are honest,
- whatsoever things are just,
- whatsoever things are pure,
- whatsoever things are lovely,
- whatsoever things are of good report;
- if there be any virtue,
- and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
There are 8 things that the Bible says shall not cease!
- seedtime and
- and cold
- and heat,
- and summer
- and winter,
- and day
- and night
shall not cease.
The eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles was special, a solemn assembly:
This page is based on inspiration from a talk by Pastor Mike Hoggard.
Except for the 8 steps of Creation, everything else came from the Youtube above. I cannot remember hearing Pastor Hoggard ever teach about the 8 steps of Creation. It must have been the Holy Spirit Who showed it to me, praise God!